Assistant Audio Producer, History Hit
History Hit is the UK’s biggest digital history brand across Video on Demand, podcasts, social media and the web, with more than 100,000 subscribers to its TV and audio networks. Its podcasts, including Dan Snow’s History Hit, average around 3.5 million listens a month.
History Hit is part of Little Dot Studios, one of the world’s fastest growing next-generation media companies. Little Dot Studios’ digital history brands Timeline and Absolute History already generate more than 650,000 unique video views a day, with Timeline amassing 2m subscribers on YouTube alone.
We are looking for a full time Audio Producer to work on Dan Snow’s History Hit podcast. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience working on high profile podcasts/radio.
Based in: Shoreditch, London (including flexible working arrangements)
Reports to: Head of Podcasts, History Hit
Contract Type: Staff contract, full time
Salary: based on experience
- Assist the production of Dan Snow’s History Hit podcast
- Finding and booking the best, most interesting guests
- Writing research notes and scripts for the presenter
- Overseeing the production schedule
- Arranging the technicalities of a recording
- Liaising with commercial partners
- Finding exciting and interesting ways to tell stories in audio
- Experience working on the production of a podcast/radio programme
- Proven organisational skills when looking after the admin needs of a production
- Ability to work well with a producer, team and external partners
- Experience pitching and developing podcast ideas
- Capable of spotting potential editorial issues before they arise
- Experience developing strategies to grow the audience of a production.
- Passion and understanding of podcasts
- Social media publishing experience
- A strong interest of history and associated storytelling
HOW TO APPLY
- PDF CV
- Include your availability/notice period if applicable
[email protected] with Assistant Audio Producer in the subject line, by midnight on Sunday 15th August 2021
Not accepting submissions from search firms or recruiters.
We regret that we will unfortunately not be able to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of Little Dot Studios, and to being a business and working environment that encourages and values all voices.Our staff are the foundation of Little Dot, and we’re committed to ensuring every employee, and in particular those from underrepresented groups, experiences Little Dot as an inclusive workplace. Little Dot Studios who would like to actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and demographics to apply.