Audiobook Audio Editor, History Hit
History Hit is the UK’s biggest digital history brand across Video on Demand, podcasts, social media and the web, with more than 100,000 subscribers to its TV and audio networks. Its podcasts, including Dan Snow’s History Hit, average around 3.5 million listens a month.
History Hit is part of Little Dot Studios, one of the world’s fastest growing next-generation media companies. Little Dot Studios’ digital history brands Timeline and Absolute History already generate more than 650,000 unique video views a day, with Timeline amassing 2m subscribers on YouTube alone.
We are looking for a full time Audiobook Audio Editor to work on a series of historical audiobooks. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience working in audiobooks with a love of history.
Based in: Shoreditch, London (including flexible working arrangements)
Reports to: Head of Podcasts, History Hit
Contract Type: Six months, full time
Salary: Dependent on experience
- Edit and sound design a series of historical audiobooks
- Have experience working with audio narrators and producers
- Confident suggesting audio treatments and improvements
- Comfortable working on different stages of multiple projects at one time.
- A Passion for history
At least 1 year experience working in audiobook production
- Knowledge of music and SFX libraries, along with asset management
- Accomplished user of editing software such as Adobe Audition and Premiere
- Desire to learn and take on feedback
- Excellent time keeping and ability to stick to deadlines
- Good people skills
- Passion and understanding of audiobooks/podcasts
- Qualification in audio production (desirable but not essential) or experience of publishing your own podcasts.
- Social media publishing experience
- A strong interest of history and associated storytelling
HOW TO APPLY
- PDF CV
- Include your availability/notice period if applicable
Send to: [email protected] with Audiobook Audio Editor in the subject line, by Monday 21st June 2020
Not accepting submissions from search firms or recruiters.
We regret that we will unfortunately not be able to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of Little Dot Studios, and to being a business and working environment that encourages and values all voices.Our staff are the foundation of Little Dot, and we’re committed to ensuring every employee, and in particular those from underrepresented groups, experiences Little Dot as an inclusive workplace. Little Dot Studios who would like to actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and demographics to apply.