Audiobook Producer, History Hit
History Hit is the UK’s biggest digital history brand across Video on Demand, podcasts, social media and the web, with more than 100,000 subscribers to its TV and audio networks. Its podcasts, including Dan Snow’s History Hit, average around 3.5 million listens a month.
History Hit is part of Little Dot Studios, one of the world’s fastest growing next-generation media companies. Little Dot Studios’ digital history brands Timeline and Absolute History already generate more than 650,000 unique video views a day, with Timeline amassing 2m subscribers on YouTube alone.
We are looking for a full time Audiobook Producer to lead production on a series of historical audiobooks. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience working in audiobooks with a love of history.
Based in: Shoreditch, London (including flexible working arrangements)
Reports to: Head of Podcasts, History Hit
Contract Type: Six months, full time
Salary: Dependent on experience
- Manage the audiobook process through scripting, recording, editing and compliance
- Have experience sourcing texts and directing audio narrators
- Confident formatting and editing scripts and audio
- Comfortable working on different stages of multiple projects at one time.
- A Passion for history
- At least 1 year experience working in audiobook production
- Knowledge of music and SFX libraries, along with asset management
- Understanding of Adobe Audition and Premiere
- Desire to learn and take on feedback
- Excellent time keeping and ability to stick to deadlines
- Good people skills
- Passion and understanding of audiobooks/podcasts
- Qualification in audio production (desirable but not essential) or experience of publishing your own podcasts.
- Social media publishing experience
- A strong interest of history and associated storytelling
HOW TO APPLY
- PDF CV
- Include your availability/notice period if applicable
[email protected] with Audiobook Producer in the subject line, by Monday 21st June 2020
Not accepting submissions from search firms or recruiters.
We regret that we will unfortunately not be able to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of Little Dot Studios, and to being a business and working environment that encourages and values all voices.Our staff are the foundation of Little Dot, and we’re committed to ensuring every employee, and in particular those from underrepresented groups, experiences Little Dot as an inclusive workplace. Little Dot Studios who would like to actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and demographics to apply.