Podcast Producer, History Hit Audio
History Hit is the UK’s biggest digital history brand across Video on Demand, podcasts, social media and the web, with more than 100,000 subscribers to its TV and audio networks. Its podcasts, including Dan Snow’s History Hit, average around 3.5 million listens a month.
History Hit is part of Little Dot Studios, one of the world’s fastest growing next-generation media companies. Little Dot Studios’ digital history brands Timeline and Absolute History already generate more than 650,000 unique video views a day, with Timeline amassing 2m subscribers on YouTube alone.
We are looking for a dynamic and creative full time Podcast Producer to work across our audio production.
- Based in: Shoreditch, London (including flexible working arrangements)
- Reports to: Head of Podcasts, History Hit
- Contract Type: Six month contract
- Salary: Based on experience
- Research, book and produce a range of high-quality podcasts over the course of a week
- Work on developing new audio formats and pilots – looking to push boundaries of storytelling with sound
- Coach and mentor the Junior members of the production team
- Oversee the promotion of published podcasts, collaborating with the marketing team
- Experience of producing, recording and editing podcasts
- Comfortable working with high-profile talent
- Strong script writing skills
- Good working knowledge of music and SFX libraries, along with asset management
- High technical understanding of editing software such as Adobe Audition and Premiere
- Passionate about podcasting
- Ability to interpret and translate editorial feedback, and pass this on to a wider team
- Excellent time keeping and ability to stick to deadlines
- Good people skills
- Understanding of audience data and trends – ability to make clear insights into cause and effect of audience changes
- Social media publishing experience
- Experience in or strong interest of history and associated storytelling
- Previous experience in a media company
How to Apply
Include your availability/notice period if applicable
Suggest 3 ideas for history podcasts series that you’d like to launch
[email protected] with “Podcast Producer” in the subject line, by 28 February 2021.
Not accepting submissions from search firms or recruiters.
We regret that we will unfortunately not be able to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of Little Dot Studios, and to being a business and working environment that encourages and values all voices. Our staff are the foundation of Little Dot, and we’re committed to ensuring every employee, and in particular those from underrepresented groups, experiences Little Dot as an inclusive workplace. Little Dot Studios who would like to actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and demographics to apply.