Podcast Producer, History Hit
History Hit is the UK’s biggest digital history brand across Video on Demand, podcasts, social media and the web. Its website, historyhit.com, receives 1m sessions a month globally. We are looking for a dynamic and creative Podcast Producer to work across our expanding network of interview podcasts.
History Hit is part of Little Dot Studios, one of the world’s fastest growing next-generation media companies. Little Dot Studios’ digital history brands Timeline and Absolute History already generate more than 1m unique video views a day, with Timeline amassing 2m subscribers on YouTube alone.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Research and find the best, most knowledgeable and interesting stories and guests for our podcasts
- Produce a range of high-quality history podcasts over the course of a week
- Bring creativity to developing new audio formats and pilots
- Coach and mentor the junior members of the production team
- Drive the growth and success of our podcasts, collaborating with the marketing team
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Skills matter, experience is useful, attitude is everything.
- Experience of producing, recording and editing podcasts, using SFX and music libraries
- Comfortable working with high-profile talent
- Strong research and script writing skills
- An understanding of diverse audiences and inclusivity, including viewpoints and stories that are traditionally underrepresented
- Ability to self-edit with a technical understanding of editing software such as Adobe Audition and Premiere
- Passionate about podcasting
- Ability to interpret and translate editorial feedback, and pass this on to a wider team
- Excellent time keeping and ability to stick to deadlines
- Good people skills
- Strong interest in history and storytelling
- Understanding of audience data and trends – ability to make clear insights into cause and effect of audience changes
- Social media publishing experience
THE PERKS OF THE JOB 🤩
We offer flexible and hybrid working patterns, plus a range of benefits such as access to Perkbox Medical; a Cycle to Work scheme; employee assistance and wellbeing programmes; pension contributions; generous annual leave and hundreds of social perks and freebies!
MORE ABOUT US 💬
Little Dot Studios is an award-winning digital content agency and media network. With over 250 digital experts across UK we partner with some of the world’s most recognised TV, sports and consumer brands, including Netflix, The FA, Sony, Formula E and Channel 4 to produce original and branded content for more than 500 digital channels globally. We also run our own digital broadcast network of more than thirty channels across social platforms and OTT video on-demand services.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of Little Dot Studios, and to being a business and working environment that encourages and values all voices. Our employees are the foundation of Little Dot, and we’re committed to ensuring everyone experiences Little Dot as an inclusive workplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Apple via the Little Dot Studios website by clicking here.