History Hit is the UK’s biggest digital history brand across Video on Demand, podcasts, social media and the web. Its website, historyhit.com, receives 1m sessions a month globally.
History Hit is part of Little Dot Studios, one of the world’s fastest growing next-generation media companies. Little Dot Studios’ digital history brands Timeline and Absolute History already generate more than 1m unique video views a day, with Timeline amassing 2m subscribers on YouTube alone.
We are looking for a Product Manager to oversee History Hit’s technical product development. This is a varied senior role, with responsibility for designing and developing new product features, enhancing operational efficiency and analytical reporting.
- Based in: Shoreditch, London (including flexible working arrangements)
- Reports to: General Manager, History Hit
- Contract Type: Staff, full time
- Salary: Based on experience
- Oversee product development of historyhit.com
- Manage development agency and other technical partner relationships
- Writing development and design briefs
- Be the point of contact for user acceptance testing
- Ad placement and development
- Maintain app integrations for social media distribution
- Manage technical SEO and taxonomy
- sVOD customer data management
- CRM and email management (e.g webhooks, briefing a preference center)
- New product extensions and creation
- Key stakeholder in reporting requirements
- Operations efficiency and automation
- Long term experience in a large consumer facing website or app
- Experienced manager who is able to work on their own initiative
- Understanding of web development processes and demands
- Good eye for design and ability to create briefs
- Strong understanding of digital publishing trends on websites and social media
- Knowledgeable about SEO and able to base practical decisions on analytics
- Expert level knowledge of WordPress or similar content management system
- Advanced knowledge of Information Architecture and User Experience
- Understanding of automated processing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of analytics – ability to base decision on data
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and how style sheets work
- Entrepreneurial – ability to see opportunity and execute to take advantage quickly
- Humanities degree or experience in heritage sector
- Knowledge of programming languages – particularly Python an advantage
- Experience using Zapier
How to Apply
Include your availability/notice period if applicable
Send to [email protected] with “Product Manager” in subject line.
Not accepting submissions from search firms or recruiters.
We regret that we will unfortunately not be able to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of Little Dot Studios, and to being a business and working environment that encourages and values all voices. Our staff are the foundation of Little Dot, and we’re committed to ensuring every employee, and in particular those from underrepresented groups, experiences Little Dot as an inclusive workplace. Little Dot Studios who would like to actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and demographics to apply.