Video Editor, History Hit TV
History Hit is the UK’s biggest digital history brand across Video on Demand, podcasts, social media and the web. Its website, historyhit.com, receives 1m sessions a month globally.
History Hit is part of Little Dot Studios, one of the world’s fastest growing next-generation media companies. Little Dot Studios’ digital history brands Timeline and Absolute History already generate more than 1m unique video views a day, with Timeline amassing 2m subscribers on YouTube alone.
We are looking for an Video Editor to work on sVOD and other visual media production.
- Based in: Shoreditch, London (including flexible working arrangements)
- Reports to: Senior Producer, History Hit TV
- Contract Type: Staff, full time
- Salary: Based on experience
- Editing long form content for sVOD and short form for social channels including TikTok & Instagram
- Managing archive library, following existing edit processes and naming conventions
- Comfortable writing pieces of copy for films, with intuitive understanding of History Hit’s editorial voice and tone
- General department support and assisting the Producers with the running of History Hit TV
- Provide feedback and guide junior editors
- Must be familiar with Adobe editing tools, particularly Premiere Pro and preference for After Effects (familiarity with DaVinci is a plus)
- Ability to develop and work with Essential Graphics templates
- Understanding of template building and typography essential
- Experienced editing archive based films
- Experience leading and advising on art direction & comfortable making editorial decisions
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team. You need to be well-organised, efficient and self-motivating
- Advising producers and creatives on production problems and the ability to spot possible problems ahead of time. Experienced cutting long form and short form content
- Ability to work under pressure managing multiple tasks and maintain a release schedule across multiple social platforms. Demonstrable interest in taking on real
- Ability to create animated maps, stats & title sequences to help drive narrative where archive is lacking
- Understanding of the heritage and related education sectors
How to Apply
Include your availability/notice period if applicable
Send to [email protected] with “Video Editor” in subject line by 28 February
Not accepting submissions from search firms or recruiters
We regret that we will unfortunately not be able to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of Little Dot Studios, and to being a business and working environment that encourages and values all voices.Our staff are the foundation of Little Dot, and we’re committed to ensuring every employee, and in particular those from underrepresented groups, experiences Little Dot as an inclusive workplace. Little Dot Studios who would like to actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and demographics to apply.