Longues-sur-Mer Gun Battery | Attraction Guides | History Hit

Longues-sur-Mer Gun Battery

Longues-sur-Mer, Normandy, France

About Longues-sur-Mer Gun Battery

The Longues-sur-Mer Gun Battery, also known as ‘Batterie Allemande’, was a German defensive battery in Normandy which played a big part in the German defence efforts during the Normandy Landings on D-Day, 6 June 1944.

Made up of four 150mm guns, the Longues-sur-Mer Gun Battery is located between the vital allied landing beaches of Gold and Omaha. It was captured by the British 231st Division.

Today, the Longues-sur-Mer Gun Battery is open to the public.