Church of the Primacy of St. Peter | Attraction Guides | History Hit

Church of the Primacy of St. Peter

Emek HaYarden Regional Council, North District, Israel

About Church of the Primacy of St. Peter

The Church of the Primacy of St. Peter is a Franciscan Chapel in Tabgha in Israel built in 1933 on the site where Jesus is believed to have reinstated Peter as the head of the Apostles. This was the third time that Jesus had appeared to his disciples.

Parts of the current structure of the Church of the Primacy of St. Peter derive from a fourth century church that once stood there.